AquaGIRL Event Day Information
Where and When
- Event Day: Friday, October 12, 2018
- Event Start: 5:30 p.m.
- Event Venue: Carnes Crossroads - 513 Wodin PI, Summerville, SC 29483
- Race Start Location: Carnes Crossroads Pool
Parking is available at the Northwood Church parking lot.
There are restrooms available next to the pool.
Packet Pick-up will be available the evening of the event at the green barn, from 3:00 p.m. – 5:15 p.m.
Body Marking and Chip Distribution
• Time 3:00 p.m. - 5:15 p.m.
• Location: Green Barn
• Race bib is required for body marking. PLEASE WAIT TO APPLY SUNSCREEN UNTIL AFTER BODY MARKING.
• Chips: Timing chip is to be worn at all times during the race. Volunteers will remove chips in the finish chute after the race. All chips must be returned! There will be a $30 fee for un-returned chips.
• Bibs: During the run, your bib number must be on the front of your body. You can use the pins you were given to pin it to the shirt you'll be wearing during the run or you may use a number belt. REMEMBER TO WEAR YOUR BIB DURING THE RUN!
Race Number Placement
The middle sized number is your run bib. Use provided safety pins to attach to the front of running shirt, or attach to your race belt.
Rules and Regulations
• Only athletes and one parent will be allowed in the Transition Area.
• Swimmers will start in waves, and will start according to age group and swim ability.
• If the athlete misses their wave time, see our race staff. They will be placed in the last wave.
• If you experience trouble during the swim, your Aquagirl may stop and rest by holding onto the wall.
• Bib number must be visible during the run.
• The course is well marked (follow the cones and arrows) and volunteers will be there to help.
• Aid stations will be available along the course.
Post-Event Party and Awards
Stick around after the event and celebrate your accomplishment with fellow athletes, volunteers and your supporters! We'll provide nutritious food and beverages!